Paperwork on Moving In

The Landlord/Agent must provide you with:

  • A copy of the gas safety certificate for the annual gas safety check (CP12). By Law, this must be carried out every year if there is a gas appliance(s) within the property,

  • Deposit paperwork. If you provided a deposit the Landlord/Agent must protect it in a Government approved scheme. Make sure that you get the official information from the scheme and that you understand how to get your money back at the end of the tenancy,

  • A copy of the energy performance certificate (EPC), as this will affect your energy bills,

  • You can also request that the Landlord/Agent provide you with a copy of any electrical inspections. All installations and appliances must be safe. As such, it is recommended that checks are carried out every 5 years.